From June 15th, lockdown guidelines in the UK relaxed slightly so we have written a handy guide on how the campus amenities plan to adapt to the new health and safety regulations. We will be adding to the list as we receive more information.
- 2 metre distancing inside the shop.
- Only 3 customers allowed in the shop at a time.
- Routine cleaning of door handles, shelves, and anything that customers could touch, will be completed every 2 hours.
- McColls opening hours are 07:00 – 15:00 weekdays and 07:00 – 12:00 weekends.
The Fitness Experts (TFE)
- Are working to the guidelines set out by their governing body, UK Active
- TFE will permit a maximum of 10 customers into the gym at any one time, which is lower than the recommended maximum of 20 people.
- A ‘pod’ training system will be employed, where each member will have their own 2m x 2m pod to train in with at least 2m distance from other customers.
- All access to the gym will be pre-booked to control the number of members in the gym at each point.
- The number of classes has been reduced per day so that there is adequate time between each class to deep clean the studio.
- Hand sanitising and gym cleaning stations will be in place for customers to use.
- For staff where social distancing cannot be upheld (for example PTs spotting a client) freeface masks and gloves will be provided.
- No cash will be handled so card transactions will be used instead.
- Individuals should enter through the R22 coffee lounge north and south entrances only.
- Please join the queue to the servery door following the safe distancing marks on the floor.
- In the coffee lounge queuing area there will be menus available to assist you in selecting your choice prior to entering the servery area. Menus can be found here.
- During busy periods, a member of staff will invite you into the servery area in turn.
- Always adhere to social distancing 2m guidelines.
- Payment will only be accepted via contactless or card, no cash will be taken.
- The R22 toilets are closed and seating areas will remain closed.
- An additional cleaning and sanitising regime is being implemented throughout the building.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available prior to entering the servery.
- Avoid touching surfaces if not necessary.
- Only handle product(s) you wish to purchase.
- Please respect the direction markers and no entry signs.
- The servery has two one-way routes for which menus are attached.
- Only available for RAL staff.
Sandwich and panini pre-order is available for collection from 11:45. The pre-order form can be found here.
Bloomers Sandwich Bar
- Reopening 6th July with initial hours of 09:00-14:00.
- Limited menu available.
- Card only transactions.
- Expected maximum of 2 people in the shop at one time.
- Automatic hand sanitiser machines available to staff.
- Clear perplex shield by till area.
- 2m distancing to be respected inside the shop.
- Staff will wear disposable gloves and masks if they wish.
- Wide pavement area outside will be used for overflow, with queuing directed towards the unit next door and not towards McColls.
We will update on more amenities when the information is made available to us, so please check back to the hub for the latest Covid-19 information for Harwell Campus.