As the Government begins to relax lockdown restrictions, we’ve been busy making improvements around the Campus, ready for when people return. Oxfordshire County Council has a webpage where you can keep up to date with all the latest restrictions, but we’re excited and looking forward to welcoming everyone back in the not-too-distant future, and we want to ensure everyone feels safe when they do so.
As part of our Covid-19 action plan we’ve introduced new sanitiser stations and floor stencils around the campus. We’ve also improved the social offering by starting a new wellbeing group, expanded our bike rental scheme to include electric bikes, and you may even spot the new table tennis tables which will be appearing on campus soon.
And if you haven’t signed up for the Campus newsletter, there is no time like the present, it has got a new name, look and feel, and keeps your inbox topped up with a weekly dose of Campus life, competitions and events. Click here to sign up.
New sanitiser stations and where you can find them?
We have made a number of changes to the campus to ensure everyone’s continued safety. These include:
- The installation of hand sanitisers in all managed buildings, with external sanitiser stations located on site at the shops, gym/café and sports pavilion.
- Campus signage can be found at bus stop, road crossings, seating areas and footpaths reminding everyone to socially distance and wear a mask.
- We’ve also amended our cleaning schedules and routines to prioritise touch points in common areas.
Bike Hire – It’s electric
Make the most of the recently opened Science Vale Cycling Network with our collection of new electric bikes. Arriving on campus soon the bikes will offer, energy efficient, and emission-free transportation, that can be hired for free for up to 48 hours.
All you need to do is:
- Download the Donkey Republic app, available for Android and iOS.
- Register with your campus organisation (work) email address otherwise it won’t make the campus bikes available.
- Enter details for a credit / debit card – you won’t be charged unless you exceed the free 48 hour period.
- Start and end your rental at one of the bike a drop-off zones. More details can be found here.
At the end of 2020 we launched a Wellbeing group for the campus. The group brings individuals together from across the campus who have an interest in improving the wellbeing of everyone at Harwell.
The role of a ‘Wellbeing Champion’ is to provide assistance to colleagues who may need signposting to further support and will be someone we can liaise with regarding physical and mental health initiatives on campus.
The group is running:
- Yoga classes, free to all occupiers on zoom currently run on a Tuesday lunchtime. The next session is on 20th April, follow the link to register.
- I am Remarkable Workshops will be coming soon too.
We’re always welcoming new members to the wellbeing team, so if you would like to get involved please contact: email@example.com