Senior Technician Personnel Safety Systems (PSS)
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, Oxfordshire
Salary £33,963 to £39,955 per annum (Discretionary range to £45,949) dependent upon skills and experience
Diamond Light Source is one of the most advanced scientific facilities in the world. Our facility houses the UK’s synchrotron light source, a giant microscope that can produce beams of light 10 billion times brighter than the sun, to probe the structure and composition of matter. From viruses and vaccines to alternative energy solutions and nanotechnology, it underpins research and innovation for more than 8000 scientists, with over 90 companies already paying for its services.
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated and skilled Senior Personnel Safety Systems Technician, to deliver technical expertise in the practical implementation and operation of high integrity Personnel Safety Systems (PSS) & MPS to protect people for the hazards produced in Beamlines and Accelerators on Diamond.
As a Senior Personnel Safety Systems Technician, you will,
- Supervision the installation and commissioning of new PSS & MPS, respond to technical queries and coordinate the work with respect to resource, access and to the plan.
- Carry out Functional Performance and Proof tests, ensuring thoroughness and completeness from all team members and archiving formal test results for audit.
- Participate in high level demonstrations to Directors, senior technical staff and scientists
- Adopt and own specialist technical aspects of PSS/MPS systems (e.g. Safety hardware etc.), through literature, other facilities experience and contact with the engineer/manufacturer.
- Maintaining a full understanding of safety and reliability requirements and techniques needed to work within a high integrity environment and ensuring current best practice is applied at Diamond.
- Diagnose faults, repair, and identify reliability improvement of electronics modules.
You will have a ONC/HNC in electronic engineering with recognised apprenticeship/training programme or equivalent qualification and experience and a strong understanding of PLC operation, panel and equipment writing and a high integrity working practice.
Along with experience with,
· ZUKEN, AutoCAD or similar Cad packages
· Commissioning and fault-finding large systems.
· Electronic Workshop skills.
· Mechanical workshop skills.
· In pneumatics or plumbing
We offer an exceptional benefits package to support staff in achieving a positive work/life balance. This includes 25 days annual leave plus 13 days of statutory and company holidays, along with flexible working hours and an industry-leading pension scheme. Staff also have access to a range of amenities on site including a nursery, cafes, a restaurant and sports and leisure facilities. A relocation allowance may also be available where applicable.
Please use the online application process to apply and tell us why you believe you are suitable for this role.