Human Resources Assistant
Salary: £20,474 - £24,086 per annum
6 Months Fixed Term
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron; a huge scientific facility designed to produce very intense beams of X-rays, infrared and ultraviolet light. Our scientists use the light to study a vast range of subject matter, from new medicines and treatments for disease to innovative engineering and cutting-edge technology.
About the Role
We now have an opportunity for an HR Assistant to join the Diamond HR Team on an initial 6 month fixed term contract. This is excellent opportunity for somebody looking to develop experience in a busy, professional HR environment.
The role will be responsible for supporting the HR team through undertaking the full range of HR administrative activities.
Responsibilities will include:
· Acting as a point of contact for day-to-day general HR enquiries from both internal and external customers, providing information and guidance in line with Company policies/guidelines, and responding to queries in a timely manner.
· Daily monitoring of the HR email account and dealing with phone queries.
· Dealing with reference requests.
· Ensuring the employee probation process is completed.
· Providing administrative support for various working groups.
· Inputting data into the HR software systems and advising employees in the use of the system/s, ensuring that records are accurate and maintained.
· Inputting absence and leave of absence forms, chasing outstanding forms and querying missing information.
The role will be based on site at Diamond with no formal home working arrangement in place.
You will be an organised and detail-oriented individual with the ability to work independently on the administration involved in the full employee lifecycle, with some experience gained from working within a fast-paced HR environment.
You will demonstrate knowledge / experience of:
- Providing HR support and advice to managers.
- Employment law and HR policies and principles.
- Maintaining employee records and databases.
- Microsoft Office (Including Word, Excel).
You will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
Diamond offers an exceptional benefits package to support staff in achieving a positive work/life balance. This includes 25 days’ annual leave plus 13 days of statutory and company holidays, along with flexible working hours and an excellent pension scheme. Staff also have access to a range of amenities on site including a nursery, cafes, a restaurant and sports and leisure facilities.
Please use the online application process to apply and explain why you believe you are suitable for this role.
The closing date for applications is 24th January 2022 with interviews taking place shortly after.