We are currently looking for a Health Physics Surveyor to support routine radiation and radioactive contamination surveys across the ISIS Muon and Neutron Source facility. This role offers excellent career development opportunities alongside working within a world leading scientific research facility!
About this opportunity:
As a Health Physics Surveyor, you will also be responsible for the production of health physics survey monitoring reports. You will be required to use a variety of radiation protection instrumentation and sampling techniques such as air sampling and liquid sampling. We are looking for someone to carry out surveillance monitoring and provision of basic radiation protection advice to all personnel undertaking operational work in the accelerator, synchrotron, target stations, experimental facilities and waste storage areas.
Further responsibilities include:
· Clearance monitoring of equipment, experimental samples and waste prior to removal from designated controlled areas.
· Responding to incidents involving radiation and radioactive contamination including support to the UK RADSAFE scheme.
· Supporting the programme of collection, characterisation and processing of radioactive waste prior to its safe disposal.
· Use of specialised plant and equipment when processing radioactive waste.
We are looking for someone with:
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
· A City & Guilds Radiation Safety Practice Stage 1 or NVQ Radiation Protection Diploma Level 2, or equivalent.
· Experience in using radiation protection instrumentation and previous experience working in designated radiation and radioactive controlled areas.
We are offering a permanent position that provides a whole host of benefits including; 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), an excellent defined average salary pension scheme, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance. We encourage learning and development for all our employees and we have a diverse range of training opportunities available.
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
Closing Date: 3rd October 2021