A varied and interesting role for an enthusiastic, highly organised 'people person' with an interest in events. We're looking for someone who can plan and execute events alongside a supportive and encouraging team!
Job Description: Events Administrator
Location: Harwell and Didcot, Oxfordshire. You will also be expected to travel to customer venues to deliver activities and must hold a valid driving licence for this role and have access to a vehicle.
Responsible to: Head of Events and Business Development, Spacetime Development
Working hours: 15 -37.5 hours per week. Flexible working hours to be agreed, evenings and weekends will be expected.
Contract: 3 month probation and 1 month notice
Salary: Dependent on experience
Holiday: 28 days per annum, plus statutory holidays pro-rata
Equal Opportunities: Spacetime Development strives to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected
About Us: At Spacetime Development, we are looking to make our mark by supporting businesses in the space sector and high-tech industries. We believe that with incredible and creative events and experience delivery, these magnificent businesses can shine brighter.
Reporting to the Head of Events and Business Development, the Event Administrator will support the execution of Spacetime Development supported events. The role would suit someone who has an interest within the events field.
The role involves supporting the team in the planning and execution of events as well as supporting the relationships developed with stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, a “people person” with a “can do” attitude. We have a hugely supportive team which values open-minded, inclusive working. Though you'll be vital in administering and delivering events and experiences, you will be doing so in a team that is happy to get stuck in.
The role will involve working with a number of clients, most closely Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, the heart of UK science and technology and Space Store, an experiential store, dedicated to bringing space to everyone, everywhere, every day, through a range of immersive and engaging experiences and events programme that engage the general-public, community groups, including the Scouts and Girlguiding Associations, education facilities, charity groups and more.
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
The successful candidate will, working alongside the Head of Events and Business Development and Events Manager:
● Work with event planning tools to lead bookings administration, scheduling and development of bespoke events and experiences for customers.
● Lead the planning, arrangements, implementation and delivery of events and experiences.
● Respond to customer and client enquiries.
● Provide administrative support across events, sponsorship and related programmes, including raising invoices.
● Support the development of professional and trusting relationships with all stakeholders and partners.
● Support and help to develop marketing promotional materials and content for events and experiences.
● Excellent organisational, time-management and planning skills with the ability to multitask, work under pressure and use own initiative.
● Ability to exercise effective judgement, discretion, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
● A team player with the ability to work with cross-organisational teams and navigate the political environment.
● Self-motivated with a high energy level, able to work alone.
● Committed, hardworking, passionate and a creative thinker.
● High level oral and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
● Capability to work evenings and weekends.
● Competent in Microsoft Office and online, shared document programmes.
If you are up for the challenge, please submit your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.