We are currently looking to recruit an electrician to collaborate with other electrical engineers and technicians on installing electrical low voltage systems throughout our ISIS Neutron and Muon Source Facility.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for someone to provide support in upgrade projects on the scientific facility as well as carry out refurbishments and new installations. To be appointed at the more senior level of this role, you will also be required to supervise electrical installation packages of work and ensure a high standard of electrical installation work across the facility is maintained.
A key part of this opportunity will be the close collaboration of work with scientists and other colleagues in other engineering fields to ensure that project work is carried out in an accurate sequence without impacting facility users. The role offers a variety of work which will be a mix of hands-on installation, testing, and fault finding as well as some office-based duties.
We are looking for someone with:
- An electrical engineering apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
- The ability to prove dead and safely isolate electrical circuits.
- Experience and knowledge of low voltage single phase and three phase systems.
- A great teammate with good communication skills for collaborating with other engineers and technicians.
What we can offer you:
- 40.5 days holiday (including bank holidays and privilege days).
- An excellent defined average salary pension scheme.
- Shopping/travel discounts.
- A subsidised onsite nursery.
- Plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance!
The ISIS Neutron and Muon Source facility is a leading particle accelerator used to carry out research in the physical and life sciences. The facility performs ground breaking research into the structure and properties of materials at atomic and molecular level, and is the most productive research centre of its type in the world!
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
The role is ID: 210000RO and is referred to as an Electrical Installation Technician at this facility. Closing Date: 10th October 2021.