Astroscale UK are about to move into their new purpose-built facility on the Harwell Campus. This facility, totalling approximately 20,000 sq ft, will be home to approximately 100 staff working on innovative, ground-breaking technology to tackle the growing issue of space debris.
The facility will house a substantial clean room, a development lab, a mission control centre, and mixed-use office space. This new facility represents a considerable investment for Astroscale and as such we are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to oversee all building-related activities.
You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensuring that the facilities are safe and well-functioning. The building must continually meet the needs of all stakeholders, including staff and visitors.
The ideal candidate will be well-organised and able to optimise the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs. Leadership abilities and phenomenal efficiency are a must! The goal is to ensure our business’s accommodation is problem-free and safe so that employees can work under the best conditions.
• Support the office move and ensure all staff receive a proper induction to the new office.
• Risk assessments and health and safety management throughout the building.
• Plan and coordinate all installations.
• Ensure all compliance requirements are met.
• Manage the clean room facility including health and safety.
• Be the main point of contact with the Harwell campus team regarding service charges, and any other building related requirements.
• Be the main point of contact with the rates office.
• Ensure all snagging checks are identified and completed within the warranty periods.
• Ensure all visitors to the building are welcomed and managed effectively.
• Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
• Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations.
• Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs.
• Supervise all staff facilities and external contractors.
• Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
• Allocate office space according to needs.
• Handle insurance plans and service contracts.
• Keep financial and non-financial records.
• Perform analysis and forecasting.
• Proven experience as a facilities manager or similar, relevant position
• Experience of managing clean room facilities, including health and safety requirements.
• Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices.
• Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
• Good analytical/critical thinking.
• BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field
• Relevant professional qualification will be an advantage
Astroscale UK (Harwell), with some travelling to Astroscale Japan (Tokyo)
Astroscale is the first private company with a vision to secure the safe and sustainable development of space for the benefit of future generations, and the only company dedicated to in-orbit servicing across all orbits. Founded in 2013, we are developing innovative and scalable solutions across the spectrum of in-orbit servicing missions, including End of Life services, Active Debris Removal, In-situ Space Situational Awareness and Life Extension Services, to create sustainable space systems and mitigate against the hazardous buildup of debris in space.
Headquartered in Japan, our company has rapidly expanding offices in the United Kingdom, United States, Israel and Singapore. We’ve grown to over two hundred Space Sweepers with an international outlook and a shared passion to protect our space environment for future generations. In March 2021, we launched our pioneering technology mission, ELSA-d, the world’s first commercial mission to demonstrate debris removal capability and technology in low Earth orbit.
Astroscale UK (ASUK) was founded in 2017 and has grown to over 50 staff. We’re located on the Harwell Campus near Oxford, where you could work alongside multiple teams including Mission Operations and Ground Segment, Programme Engineering, Business Development, Marketing & Communications and Business Operations.
Mission & People Focused
Innovative and Pioneering