£25,702 to £27,938 per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
Full time or Part time (minimum 23 hours per week)
Location: Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Harwell, Oxfordshire
Closing Date:31st October 2021
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is one of Europe’s largest multi-disciplinary science research organisations. The Space department, RAL Space, has around 350 staff and carries out an exciting range of world-class space research and technology development.
STFC value their employees and with this have an exceptional index linked pension scheme, 30 days leave allowance plus 10.5 bank holidays and privilege days, flexible working offered, as well a subsidised restaurant and a gym and sports facilities, plus many more.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and outgoing individual who is self-motivated, customer focused and willing to take on a wide range of responsibilities. The role involves working closely with 3 Divisions and their Division Heads, and the Chief Engineer.
• Respond to requests via face to face, telephone calls or emails
• Taking minutes and notes of meetings and maintaining action lists
• Central point of contact for departments enquires
• Calendar management
• Set up internal and external meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops, owning meetings
• Read/check Division Heads email inbox to identify urgent requests and actions
Organising international travel and accommodation on behalf of the division heads
• Process simple purchase orders, invoices and payments
• Maintaining awareness priorities and building relationships at all levels in order to professionally and knowledgeably support and represent the department
• Coordinate with our resourcing team on behalf of the hiring manager by organising interview slots and rooms.
• Administration related qualifications or equivalent experience
• Demonstrable experience of providing administrative support
• Experience of arranging meetings and of taking and producing notes, minutes, decisions and actions
• Experience of providing financial administration, e.g. dealing with invoices and expenses
• Demonstrable experience of working as part of a team and managing relationships
• Effective communication skills
• Good working knowledge of IT (including Microsoft packages)
How to apply
To see more details and to apply please visit our job board at Divisional Administrative Officer - Careers Portal Careers
The Closing date 31st October 2021