Celestia Technologies Group (UK) Ltd is part of an international technology group developing solutions for Aerospace, Defence, Telecommunications and Scientific markets.
Digital Hardware Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Harwell, Remote
Celestia Technologies Group (UK) Ltd is part of an international technology group developing solutions for Aerospace, Defence, Telecommunications and Scientific markets. There is a rich pedigree of Product Development in Antenna, RF and Modem design for different Satcom & Terrestrial Systems.
With increasing commitments and anticipated growth, we are now seeking to hire several engineering and development roles across a broad range of technical domains including DSP Systems, Algorithm design, RF design, Antennas, PCB development, Test & Validation engineering and Product Development to work at our site in Harwell. Despite the unusual circumstances in 2020, Celestia UK have continued to expand operations with a new site in Edinburgh; and similar growth is anticipated in 2021. In keeping with a hi-tech start-up culture, we expect our engineers to have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude together with good inter-personal and social skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive welcoming work environment where everyone is happy, productive, and able to maximize their individual potential. This role is not open to applicants who require UK work permit or sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
· Design and develop of complex signal processing systems and interfaces for FPGA and ASIC targets for cutting edge communications technologies
· Generate detailed block level and system level requirements and specifications
· Generate detailed design documents
· Identify opportunities for optimization and feed-back to system design
· Carry out verification of block level and system level designs
· Bring-up and demonstrate new product prototypes in the lab
· Take ownership of your tasks; plan and execute in line with project needs.
· Report to Technical (Project) Manager
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electronic Engineering or similar
· 5+ years of experience in Digital Design
· High level of proficiency in coding Verilog/VHDL for efficient, synthesisable RTL
· Experience in performing synthesis, timing analysis and power analysis of digital circuits
· Experience in complete design flow with any of the major FPGA suppliers such as Xilinx or Altera/Intel
· Experience with high level synthesis tools such as Catapult C, Stratus HLS, Vivado HLS or similar
· Applied knowledge of implementing optimized digital structures such as digital filters, FFT engines
· Proficient in using FPGA test environments for design verification
· Experience in the integration and use of standard bus protocols for on-chip connectivity
· Experience in verification methodologies such as UVM
· Proficient in scripting languages, e.g Python, TCL, etc
· Proficient in MS Office tools and competent working on either Windows or Linux
· Experience working with configuration management tools (e.g. Git, SVN)
· Applied knowledge of communications signal processing algorithms such as equalization, pre-distortion, channel estimation, beamforming, error correction
· Experience with using MATLAB/Simulink for system modelling and test vector generation
· Experience in embedded software development using C/C++
· Experience in working with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, spectrum analysers
Home (remote) working may be considered for short periods due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to email@example.com.
FPGA, HLS, DSP, Digital Communications, C/C++, MATLAB, Python (Numpy, Scipy)