We are looking for an experienced DevOps Software Engineer (Development Operations) to join our team on a permanent basis, providing operational support mainly to our software development teams (back-end and front-end), but also to assist other teams as and when required.
Location: Remote working till the end of the coronavirus pandemic period, normally full-time based at our headquarters at Harwell Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK (https://www.harwellcampus.com)
Contract type: full-time, permanent, salary level indicatively between £30,000 - £45,000 yearly gross (to be defined depending on candidate’s experience)
WHO WE ARE
siHealth Ltd is a fast-growing SME company focused on smart solutions in Health & Wellness (www.sihealth.co.uk). The main mission is to use satellite data and smart diagnostics tools to provide innovative services on mobile devices supporting healthy lifestyle and diseases prevention & treatment.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer (Development Operations) to join our team on a permanent basis, providing operational support mainly to our software development teams (back-end and front-end), but also to assist other teams as and when required. The DevOps Engineer will work in the Back-End IT team, under the supervision of and liaising closely with the Back-End IT Manager.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the overall administration of our IT cloud infrastructure (mostly Azure-based at the moment), including allocation & optimisation of resources, costing and planning, definition of strategies for improvement and innovation, management of our internet domains (e.g. DNS), and supporting the application of data protection regulations.
Candidates should have an intermediate level knowledge of Python 3 (including virtual environments and at least one package manager), Docker, Git, at least one Linux shell (Bash preferred) and shell scripting, and key Linux command line tools and services. Candidates should have a working knowledge of Azure and preferably at least one additional cloud provider (e.g. AWS or GCP). In terms of DevOps technologies, candidates should have experience with at least one CI/CD technology (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Travis, Circle, Azure Pipelines).
All candidates will be evaluated fairly, on their merits and suitability for the role.
· Management of the IT cloud infrastructure and its resources (e.g. VMs), including costing, planning and monitoring;
· Building, testing and maintaining automation tools and pipelines to facilitate the development, deployment and release of software;
· Management of company internet domains (e.g. DNS);
· Designing procedures for IT systems troubleshooting and maintenance;
· Actively supporting the configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of the IT infrastructure;
· Ensuring the safety and security of the IT infrastructure against cybersecurity threats;
· Generally contributing to the continuous improvement of the IT infrastructure;
· Keeping up to date with and implementing emerging technologies of relevance.
Skills & Experience:
· Minimum of 3 years working experience in DevOps
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or another STEM subject
· Intermediate level experience with
o Python 3 (including virtual environments and command line tools)
o Linux shell scripting, key command line tools and services
o CI/CD pipeline technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Travis, Circle, Azure Pipelines)
· Working knowledge of
o Other infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell
o Databases, e.g. MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch
· Significant experience with both Windows and Linux operating system environments
· Strong problem-solving skills and good attention to detail
· Excellent teamworking and communication skills
· Process-oriented mindset with great documentation skills
· Excellent IT skills and experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
· Eligible to live and work in the UK
Nice to have
· Knowledge on one non-Azure cloud provider (e.g. AWS, GCP)
· Professional qualification in DevOps (e.g. BCS, Azure, AWS)
· Working knowledge of
o Flask or Django web service frameworks
o Ruby, Perl, Java development languages
o Apache 2, NGINX
o Orchestration services (e.g. Kubernetes)
o Big data models and file formats, such as NetCDF4, HDF5
o In-memory databases, such as Redis
o Python testing tools and frameworks (e.g. Tox, Pytest, Coverage, Hypothesis)
o Sphinx or any other Python documentation tools.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email both your detailed CV and a Cover Letter to careers@sihealth .co. uk, marked for the attention of Dr Marco Morelli (Chief Technology Officer).
For this position, support from recruitment agencies is not envisaged.