Atomionics is a Singapore based VC-backed startup building quantum sensors for Navigation and Resource Exploration. We measure gravity, acceleration, and rotation 1000x better than the state of the art. Atomionics sensors can build a complete map of the underground, thus help pinpoint underground structures, like tunnels and bunkers, predict earthquakes, provide precise navigation, and build a universal positioning system that works everywhere – underground, underwater, and even in space. We have deep expertise in bringing complex technologies from a lab environment to the dynamic real world. The core of what we are building is cold atom interferometry, where we cool down atoms to microkelvin temperatures by shooting lasers at them. This allows us to measure the forces acting on them precisely.
At Atomionics, we like to cultivate a casual and friendly environment. We are a small focused group in a high-energy environment. Our employees get to interact with other interdisciplinary domains such as Mechanical Engineering, Physics, and Software Engineering. Our company likes to treat our work as a “gym for our minds”.
In addition, we are backed by some fantastic investors from the private and public sectors, such as Wavemaker, SGInnovate, Capvista, 500startups, and other prominent angels.
- Design and development of atom interferometry based sensors
- Work in collaboration with electronics and mechanical engineers to develop the system
- Research on the improvement and miniaturization of atom interferometry based sensors
- Write patents
- PhD in Physics, with research experience in Cold Atom Physics
- Proficient in experimental work with lasers and optical systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Even better if you have
- Prior experience in Atom Interferometry
- Built atom interferometry based gravimeter, accelerometer or gyroscope
- Built near-IR lasers, laser locking system and RF electronics
- Experience in theoretical simulation of atomic systems
- Developed control systems using FPGA
What can we offer you
- Visa sponsorship
- Progress with Atomionics growth with access to our Employee Stock Option Pool and own the work you do along with a competitive salary
- A comprehensive medical insurance plan
- A book/hobby project allowance to help you grow and collectively build the Atomionics library
- Board games and curry night