Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our clients to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Project Leader to join our busy Central Bid function, supporting and growing our consultancy work. This is an exciting time to join our team as we continue our rapid growth pattern within a fast-paced and innovative sector.
You will be accountable for the preparation of the bid and ensuring the quality of the tender submission. You will also ensure that bids are persuasive, responsive to the client’s requirements and are coherent, robust and meet our financial criteria for revenue, labour sales and profit.
You will work closely with a technical lead to share responsibility for the bid and will be expected to lead by example by using bidding best practices and will also have a role in coaching and mentoring less experienced technical staff in bidding practice.
- Manage the bid as a project, when appropriate working closely with the technical lead, and colleagues with commercial and financial responsibilities.
- Through discussions with colleagues critically evaluate the commercial risks of the opportunity and agree mitigation strategies.
- Liaise as necessary with senior managers to secure decisions on bid strategy.
- With other key bid contributors, establish our value proposition and differentiators in response to competitive analysis of the opportunity, against client needs/required outcomes.
- Review and critique content as it is produced by the contributors.
- Ensure that the overall document is professionally presented and tells a consistent and clear story.
- Ensure that all relevant quality processes are followed and documented.
- Support capture planning, interview preparation and learning reviews as appropriate.
- Support training and coaching initiatives that propagate bidding skills and commercial accumen.
Key Competencies and Experience:
- Ideally Degree educated and/or APMP Practitioner.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and delivering substantial or complex winning bids to time, quality and budget.
- A background in solutions and services
- Must be comfortable working at Director Level (internal and external customers).
- Sound commercial acumen
- Ability to manage complex, multi-disciplinary opportunities.
- Ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Understands the importance of processes and controls
- Fully conversant with the consulting marketplace.
Skills and Behaviours
- Competitive and goal-orientated
- Tackles projects and situations assertively, but with tact.
- Enjoys overcoming challenges, including objections/resistance, and achieving goals in the face of obstacles.
- Proactive and self-driven
- Sense of urgency to get things done quickly, efficiently, with discipline.
- Persistent and decisive.
- Able to see the bigger picture and to flex when necessary to meet wider business goals.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.