Celestia Technologies Group (UK) Ltd is part of an international technology group developing solutions for Aerospace, Defence, Telecommunications and Scientific markets.
We are seeking to hire several engineering and development roles across a broad range of technical domains including DSP Systems, Algorithm design, RF design, Antennas, PCB development, Test & Validation engineering and Product Development. Despite the unusual circumstances in 2020, Celestia UK have continued to expand operations with a new site in Edinburgh; and similar growth is anticipated in 2021. In keeping with a hi-tech start-up culture, we expect our engineers to have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude together with good inter-personal and social skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design Phased Array Antenna (with RF sub-system) a Satellite Terminal; with COTS RFICs and discrete components.
- Design RF/LO distribution network, Power & Synth distribution and Calibration algorithms; multi-layer PCBs and test boards to elaborate the design incrementally.
- Co-ordinate and manage PCB manufacture (outsource), Test & Measurement (in-house); eventually a proof-of-concept demonstration.
- Take ownership of your tasks; plan and execute in line with project needs.
- Document and disseminate your works in line with project wide expectation.
- Report to Technical (Project) Manager.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- 7+ years commercial experience designing RF System solutions using discrete components.
- Experience with well-known RF and PCB/Layout design tools, such as Altium and PADS; multi-layer PCBs is expected.
- Understanding limitations and solutions of practical RF circuits; e.g., coupling effects, isolation requirements, track and substrate loses, stability, broadband impedance matching, biasing, low noise, up-conversion, down conversion, filtering, etc.
- Familiar with laboratory test and measurement using spectrum analysers, VNAs, signal generators, digital oscilloscopes, power meters, etc.
- Hands-on design experience at Satellite Communication frequency bands (L, S, X, K, Ku, Ka) is highly advantageous. Previous experience in prototyping, demonstrators and field trials is also a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office tools and competent working on either Windows or Linux.
- Masters or PhD degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
Home (remote) working may be considered for short periods due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RF Systems, RF Product Development, Satellite Communications, Phased Array Antenna, High Frequency RF, PCB, Altium, PADS, Calibration, EM emissions.