Celestia Technologies Group (UK) Ltd is part of an international technology group developing solutions for Aerospace, Defence, Telecommunications and Scientific markets.
We are seeking to hire several engineering and development roles across a broad range of technical domains including DSP Systems, Algorithm design, RF design, Antennas, PCB development, Test & Validation engineering and Product Development. Despite the unusual circumstances in 2020, Celestia UK have continued to expand operations with a new site in Edinburgh; and similar growth is anticipated in 2021. In keeping with a hi-tech start-up culture, we expect our engineers to have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude together with good inter-personal and social skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design DSP algorithms for Communication systems, e.g., FIR filter, FFT, digital up/down conversion, auto/cross-correlator, match-filter, detection, beamforming, tracking loops, and so on.
- Develop fixed and floating point arithmetic simulation tools in Matlab and C/C++
- Implementation on COTS processors and platforms (DSPs, FPGA)
- Develop automatic (scripted) test routines for regression and verification.
- Take ownership of your tasks; plan and execute in line with project needs.
- Document and disseminate your works in line with project wide expectation.
- Report to Technical (Project) Manager.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience designing PHY layer algorithms and simulation models; PhD or MSc graduate with competency in Signal processing, Mathematics and Numerical modelling.
- Proficient in Matlab and C/C++. Python and shell scripting a bonus
- Good theoretical knowledge in Digital Communications, Signal processing, Filter design, Detection Theory, Multi-antenna signal processing is highly beneficial.
- Proficient in MS Office tools and competent working on either Windows or Linux
- Masters or PhD degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
Home (remote) working may be considered for short periods due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DSP algorithms, Matlab, Simulation & Modelling, C/C++, Python (Numpy, Scipy)