You will work alongside the Operations and Research Directors to lead a variety of challenging science and engineering projects, utilizing and enhancing your skills in qubit hardware and systems architecture, design and implementation, to develop scalable, flexible and robust quantum computing assets that can be deployed to meet the goals of the NQCC enabling the delivery of scalable quantum computing capabilities against the technology roadmap.
Key projects will include hardware stabilization, high-performance logical qubit development, scalable qubit architecture design, error mitigation and benchmarking and verification protocols.
- Defining high performance physical and logical superconducting qubit design and architectures
- Developing scaling strategies and designs
- Understanding materials performance and device characteristics to drive improved long term qubit performance
- Input into software and control architecture to enable a variety of hardware platforms and applications to be developed
- Working closely with colleagues across the Centre to implement the architecture and deploy services
- Defining work plans for specific NQCC projects
- Making site visits to commercial and academic partners
- Publishing non-confidential results
- Mentoring members of the Technology team to promote best practice software development across the NQCC
- Line management of a team – as part of UKRI, we have multiple tools and resources available to assist any new or inexperienced line manager and would welcome applications from previous or new people managers.