We are growing and have a new opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join our Technical Excellence team. It’s an exciting time as we work on new projects, but also our existing product lines so we can repeat builds and meet customer demand. During the initial six months, this role will play a key part technically leading a large deployable antenna project, ensuring verification activities are carried out successfully, as part of the overall development plan to achieve qualification and flight worthiness for a commercial space mission.
This role will suit someone who has proven experience leading and delivering technically complex, multi-disciplinary space flight projects in a highly regulated environment such as aerospace, auto, defence etc. who can effectively convey ideas and solutions to people who have limited knowledge of RF or thermo-mechanical engineering concepts.
What we do:
· We develop innovative deployable antenna solutions for the world’s leading satellite builders. Our most recent antenna, that deployed in space, would fit inside a biscuit tin!
· Every day our Engineers and technicians come up with creative solutions to meet our customer’s needs.
· We’re good at what we do and take pride in doing it well.
· We strive to live our values: Respect, Integrity, Support, Efficient & Effective.
· We have invested in a world-class facility at Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, so our people have an environment to create great things.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, this role will provide systems engineering expertise and guidance to project teams and work closely with project managers to deliver flight hardware which meets customer and mission requirements.
To be successful in this role you will need:
· A Batchelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Mechanical/Electronic/Systems /Aerospace engineering or related subject.
· Proven experience of technically delivering complex, multi-disciplinary space flight projects.
· Excellent knowledge and experience of applying space systems engineering methods.
· Previous engineering leadership experience working at a senior technical level within the aerospace/space industry.
· Excellent communication skills, to effectively convey ideas and solutions to people who have limited knowledge of RF or thermo-mechanical engineering concepts
· A pragmatic and logical approach to engineering with strong delivery drive and focus.
The full job description can be viewed here but aside from the qualification and knowledge we need, what we really need is someone who:
· Is deadline orientated, in order to work within defined timescales to meet programme milestones and meet objectives.
· An excellent team player, supporting colleagues and sharing knowledge, but equally comfortable working independently.
· Has great prioritisation and organisational skills, to manage several projects at any one time.
· Is driven by technical challenges, problem solving and practical implementation of new ideas.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please apply by sending us your CV, along with a short explanation of why you’re brilliant for this role and why we’re right for you (along with your salary expectations) by 09:00am on 7th May 2021.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.
If you are not successful, your data will be removed after six months.