The Quantum Systems Technology Development Manager will work alongside the Operations and Research Directors to lead a variety of challenging science and engineering projects, utilizing and enhancing your skills in software and systems architecture, design and implementation, to develop software and control architectures where flexible, robust and re-usable digital assets can be rapidly deployed to meet the goals of the NQCC enabling the delivery of scalable quantum computing capabilities against the technology roadmap.
- Defining a flexible software and control architecture to enable a variety of hardware platforms and applications to be developed
- Developing full-stack software applications involving client, server and data tiers
- Working closely with colleagues across the Centre to implement the architecture and deploy services
- Identifying appropriate HPC, data analytics and cognitive computing technologies and designing appropriate technology solutions
- Defining work plans for specific NQCC projects
- Making site visits to commercial and academic partners
- Publishing non-confidential results
- Mentoring members of the Technology team to promote best practice software development across the NQCC
- Line management of a team – as part of UKRI, we have multiple tools and resources available to assist any new or inexperienced line manager and would welcome applications from previous or new people managers.