You will work alongside the Operations and Research Directors to ensure timely, assured and cost-effective delivery of the NQCC workstreams and technology roadmap within established constraints and to maximize the benefits. The Programme Manager will ensure that suitable management of the projects is in place to enable credible planning and informed decision making and will undertake accurate and informative reporting as well as ensuring the maintenance of appropriate project tools. The NQCC follows closely the approach promoted by the UK Association for Project Management whilst being tailored for use within a collaborative scientific environment. The Programme Manager will be expected to help develop these methods and processes as part of the NQCC Operations team.
- Managing projects within a portfolio of development programmes and projects, ensuring that all agreed deliverables are meet or exceed stakeholder expectations
- Responsibility for Identifying the requirements for delivery and construct a detailed and workable project plan, with a critical path, and ensure adherence to the delivery dates, keeping the project on track
- Responsibility for ensuring effective risk management is in place across all projects, so that risks to NQCC and the wider STFC can be identified and managed from the outset before they become issues
- Leading on the development and maintenance of project documentation (including RAID Log, Project Initiation Document/Business Case, Milestone Log, Project Update Reports, Project Plan/Gantt Chart, Communications Plan, Stakeholder Engagement Map, Lessons Learned Log, Budgets, Benefits Realisation) and communicate project updates to stakeholders
- Following best practices, techniques, and tools for project management and planning, tailoring as appropriate to the situation. Ensure that problem resolution is handled appropriately and escalated when a decision is required at a more senior level or another business area
- Leading on developing new processes within the department for the operation and maintenance of projects including updating progress and resource allocations, populating project report templates, maintaining risk and issue logs and any other documentation, as necessary.