We are a growing business and have a new opportunity for a Process Development Technician to join our MAIT team. Our focus is on high reliability precision products for space applications. It’s an exciting time as we move towards a higher level of industrialisation for repeat build products, required to meet customer demand. This role will support the development and qualification of processes and materials required to support this initiative.
This role would suit someone with previous experience of designing and/or manufacturing small to medium size electro-mechanical products in a highly regulated environment, such as aerospace, automotive or measurement equipment industries, with the capability to validate, verify and implement new processes. It will also suit someone who can work on their own initiative but embraces the importance of working with process and procedures, and who is able to effectively communicate improvements to the wider team.
What we do:
· We develop innovative deployable antenna solutions for the world’s leading satellite builders. Our most recent antenna, that have been deployed in space, would fit inside a biscuit tin!
· Every day our Engineers and technicians come up with creative solutions to meet our customer’s needs.
· We’re good at what we do and take pride in doing it well.
· We strive to live our values: Respect, Integrity, Support, Efficient & Effective.
· We have invested in a world-class facility at Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, so our people have an environment to create great things.
About the Role:
Reporting to the MAIT Manager, this role covers the following key areas that are central to the success of OSS’s business:
· Support the development of manufacturing processes and materials qualification for new products.
· Implementation of optimised processes and materials for repeat build of products.
· Perform MAIT activities to ensure successful delivery of the MAIT phase of internal and external funded projects.
To be successful in this role you will need:
· To be apprentice trained to HNC level or equivalent skills from a mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, product engineering-based discipline.
· Strong level of engineering knowledge, with excellent experience in manufacturing and assembly of precision components.
· In depth expertise in relevant manufacturing techniques, knowledge of composite and adhesive materials would be a distinct advantage.
· Product and process verification expertise ideally gained in a high reliability engineering environment.
The full job description can be viewed here but aside from the qualification and knowledge we need, what we really need is someone who:
· Positive attitude and methodical approach to problem solving.
· Excellent attention to detail, along with a natural preference for writing and following processes and procedures.
· Deadline orientated, to work within defined timescales to meet programme milestones.
· Great prioritisation and organisational skills, to manage several projects at any one time.
· Has excellent English skills to communicate information verbally and in writing.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please apply by sending us your CV, along with a short explanation of why you’re brilliant for this role and why we’re right for you (along with your salary expectations) by 09:00am on Friday 7th May 2021
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.
If you are not successful, your data will be destroyed after six months.