Tyvak Orbital Networks Ltd, a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Technical Manager.
Terran Orbital is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to commercial and government customers. As a Technical Manager, the candidate will support the creation and management of a multidisciplinary team to manage the execution of customer contracts, and the role will evolve over time to deliver technical functions or managerial input.
The role is most likely to be based at Harwell. There is likely to be a requirement to spend a period of 6 months at our International Headquarters in Turin to be fully inducted into our business.
Working with the General Manager, specific tasks and responsibilities may include:
· Create and coordinate a multidisciplinary team, managing task allocation
· Track program budget and schedule using Tyvak’s collaborative software tools
· Provide regular program status updates to company management
· Act as primary technical interface to the customer. Support program reviews, both internally and customer-facing.
· Work closely in a small team environment with hardware, software, mechanical, and systems engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems
· Perform system and vehicle-level trade studies to balance risk, cost, and performance
· Lead team discussions involving vehicle architecture and design for future projects
· Contribute towards continuous technology and process improvement.
· Lead concept of operations development and mission operations procedures;
· Support assembly, integration, and test (AI&T) activities including generation of build procedures and test plans/procedures;
· Participate in the creation of technical & management proposals for institutional and commercial bids.
Specific requirements include:
· Master’s Degree in a technical field (i.e. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or related degree)
· Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, and able to work on their own
· Ability to solve complex problems with a high degree of innovation and effectiveness
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Ability to (learn how to ) lead and motivate project teams to ensure program success
· Demonstrable (or potential to grow) supervisory experience and proficiency in task management, program schedule development, and budget control to meet required deadlines
· Basic understanding of the Systems Engineering process
· Familiarity with spacecraft and/or launch vehicle systems
· Experience and understanding of satellites, space sensors and ground systems used for space assets - highly desirable
· Understanding of NewSpace environment and Micro-Nano-Pico Satellite ecosystem is highly desirable
· Ability to communicate across organizational boundaries and levels; proficient communication skills, and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism.
· Fluent English (oral and written) is mandatory
Please submit CV’s/covering letters in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org