We now have an opportunity for a Goods Handling Supervisor to take responsibility for the daily operation of the Goods Handling function, including line management of a small team.
You will utilise your knowledge of HMRC legislation on Import and Export requirements, as well as managing receipt, despatch, distribution and temporary storage of parts / equipment ensuring traceability and safe keeping are maintained at all times.
- Maintaining documentation for all UK deliveries / dispatches and all imports / exports such as customs clearance, customer notification and haulier contacts.
- Providing advice and assistance on all aspects of deliveries & dispatches as required, particularly in the area of specialist and hazardous transport.
- Ensuring all specialist goods for dispatch are safely packaged and recorded before shipment, in line with transport regulations, arranging bespoke packaging / delivery as required
- Managing relationships with suppliers, customers and hauliers to resolve queries arising from the above activities.
- Reviewing shipping invoices and confirming budget codes for payment.
- Maintaining expertise through training in the Transport of Dangerous Goods.
Diamond is planning a major upgrade of the facility, known as Diamond-II, which will generate an even more brilliant light source at a higher energy. This role will play an important part in helping to facilitate the upgrade.