The Marketing Assistant role is versatile, requiring someone who is happy to work as part of an energetic team and who can take the initiative, working independently when required.
This role is for a period of one year and is aimed at students who are looking to gain industry experience, either as part of a sandwich degree placement or prior to commencing further education in the fields of marketing, PR or advertising.
The internship period commences in early September 2020 and includes an additional handover week from the 17th August 2020 prior to the start date.
The candidate will report to the Head of Marketing and will provide support to both the Marketing and PR/Communications functions of Harwell Campus Management. The role will encompass a wide range of projects and activities related to promoting the campus as a world class science and technology hub.
- Managing daily aspects of social media across the two websites, (Harwell Campus and Harwell Hub), Linked in, Twitter and Facebook.
- Supporting the Head of Marketing and Head of Communications with key campaigns, externally as well as internally to the campus community.
- Undertaking administrative tasks in support of marketing activity – across event planning and execution, customer relationship management and data management, encompassing GDPR. This also involves using tools such as InTouch, Harwell Contact Manager, Eventbrite and Survey Monkey.
- Assisting in the set up and running of campus events – on and off campus as required, including liaison with customers, suppliers and colleagues from across the campus. This can include travel across the UK when required.
- Drafting copy for approval, for a variety of channels, as required.
- Attending meetings, undertaking the follow up of actions as specified. Also being able to confidently engage with individuals in meetings.
- Involvement with aspects of specific ad hoc projects which could include branding, brochures, and campus surveys.
- To assist in team activities as and when required in support of colleagues e.g. the supply of timely information to the finance team.
- Communicating with people at all levels regarding campus marketing and PR related matters as directed, including working with suppliers from both design and print agencies and with the heads of the Space, HealthTec and EnergyTec clusters.
- Contributing ideas and suggesting improvements where appropriate.
- Working with key suppliers and partners to meet specified objectives/outputs.
- Stocktaking, control and management of marketing resources e.g. collateral such as brochures, banners and event equipment.
- Control and maintenance of both the Harwell Campus website and Harwell Hub website.
- Keeping up to date with campus events and activities in order to maintain and update a calendar of events and activities across the year.
- Assisting, and later managing monthly guest luncheons at HQ
Key Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills with people of all levels, when representing the organisation e.g. at meetings and events.
- The ability to take the initiative on day to day work, events and activities to resolve any problems arising and ensure good outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- The ability to draft engaging copy for a variety of marketing and PR uses, ensuring thorough grammar, spelling and proof checking as standard practice.
- Demonstrate personal engagement in and ownership of specific campaigns that Harwell Campus will be running over the next 12 months.
- To put forward ideas and suggestions that can increase footfall through social media and in turn help generate enquiries from potential occupiers who are interested in moving to Harwell Campus.
- The willingness to meet key deadlines where required.
- To maintain good professional conduct in the workplace, respecting colleagues and campus property.
- The ability to pick up new skills quickly and to contribute ideas on potential improvements.
- Adopting a flexible attitude towards working hours by being prepared to work the occasional unsociable evening/weekend hours as required to meet key deliverables (with notice by management supplied in advance).
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Fiona Smart email@example.com. Please note that we will hold a hand over week from 17th August – 21st August, with an official start date of 1st September.