i-EM SAT is looking for a Business Development manager to improve and grow i-EM SAT’s business, by fostering and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners.
The goal is to drive sustainable economic and financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
Areas of interest: distributed generation from renewable sources, smart grids and energy storage systems, energy efficiency solutions, control and optimization of energy consumption, electric vehicles and sustainable mobility.
As a business development manager, the main responsibilities will be:
• identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
• identifying new sales leads
• maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
• meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
• understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
• Identify early adopters for innovative technologies and solutions, engaging them in pilot demonstration projects
• have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
• keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
• help to plan sales campaigns
• negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
• carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management.
The main skills requested for the position are:
• experience (at least 3 years) in the areas of interest of i-EM SAT activities: renewable plants and smart grid
• IT, electrical or economics technical background
• ability to develop business models, competitive analysis, business plan
• excellent personal and telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
• excellent written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
• good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
• a professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
• initiative and good decision-making skills
• good networking skills
• Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Dynamics 365)
• initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch
• preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays
• developing quotes and proposals
• the ability to speak a foreign language may be an asset if you're dealing with overseas clients
• full driving license