We have an exceptional opportunity for SAR Scientist to come join us permanent bases.
As member of our Geospatiall Intelligence team you will have the opportunity to really accelerate your career in a uniquely positioned organization that sits between industry and academia and supports R&D across all sectors and industries. The role will focus on enabling the adoption of SAR technologies to solve real world problems from Agri-tech to Health care to Sustainable Finance.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a high level of technical competence and ability in SAR theory; applications; and general image processing, notably experience of SAR interferometry. This should be complemented by experience of data science concepts.
- Data processing and analysis supported by scientific research applying best practice standards.
- Writing, contributing and mediating technical reports and presentations delivered to various stakeholders/customers.
- Provide technical input to proposal development.
- Assessing the viability of new application and service concepts.
- Supporting innovation by integrating EO with other technologies.
- Developing user-centric technology solutions.
- Supporting other areas of the Catapult business, including business development engagement and marketing.
Must have skills and experience
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team providing technical leadership in SAR applications, notably:
- SAR data processing techniques using commercial/open source remote sensing software tools, such as, InSAR workflows.
- Knowledge of SAR remote sensing theory/science.
- Knowledge of geospatial data formats and principles.
- Knowledge of data science concepts.
- Experience in programming geospatial tools.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience of developing R&D projects.
- Aptitude and desire for open and collaborative working.
Interested? Please submit application via the Apply button. Covering Letters are highly welcomed but not mandatory.
Current limits on immigration to the UK mean that our ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the points-based system is very limited. You are advised to explore possible alternative procedures which do not require sponsorship.
At the Satellite Applications Catapult, we strive to respect the diversity of our staff and ensure that inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. We know that the diversity of our teams, and the respect that our staff feel from others, is one of the factors that keeps us on the cutting edge of innovation. Every day this means we work together to make the most of our differences and celebrate our unique contributions to the amazing work we do. Only by being 100% yourself in the workplace will you feel comfortable to perform at your best.
If you are passionate about what you do, and are driven by our mission to ‘Innovate for a better world, empowered by satellites’, we want to hear from you.