Your new role is three fold and will see you supporting Business Development and being the key point of contact in financial liaison supporting BD Managers with strategic decisions; Project Delivery by supporting our project Managers as the central point between finance function and project delivery; and Financial Management and Reporting where you work across the finance and other teams to identify and continuously improve our financial management practises and financial awareness across the business.
As a successful candidate, you are ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualified individual with practical experience of applying the theory to real life scenario and are able to produce scenario planning within current projects as well as in bid process.
- You have strong technical knowledge in Financial Accounting
- Advanced capability with Excel / Macro’s/ Pivot tables / V Lookups
- Experience with SAPbyDesign would be excellent but external as well as internal training will be provided
- Ideally you will come from Accounts Assistant - Management Accounting – Project/Planning environment and are now ready for the next career step.
- Role includes budgets and forecasts on commercial projects (not internal) and is more of a financial than planning role
- You will work closely with Project Managers / Bid teams / Sales teams and as previous experience in a sales or project support environment will be a distinct advantage.
- Part of the role is to educate stakeholders and build on their financial understanding; your ability to educate, influence and gain stakeholder buy-in is crucial for the success of the role
- We are looking for someone who is dynamic / interested in getting involved / wants to see the bigger picture and will go out there and build it themselves.
- Naturally looks at way to improve ways of working and often initiate or come up with ideas on how to work smarter and better report / represent data
- To make a success of the role, you need to have confidence in your experience to be able to challenge information / ask pertinent questions top create a wholesome picture
- You are interested in and are able to build strong internal relationships on all levels of seniority throughout the organisation
- The role offers great potential for growth with the organisation as we mature. This is not a stand-still role and will be a step up towards a senior role
- Successful candidate will work closely with the HoF and will get wider organisation exposure to support professional development
- This is a newly designed role, meaning it is a blank canvas for a driven individual to make the role their own
- Visibility and access to the whole organizational structure giving an opportunity to add value throughout and further develop strategic abilities
- Working on statutory requirements alongside HoF
Quick facts: This is a permanent role directly with Satellite Applications Catapult. We are based in Harwell with great public transport connections from all of Oxfordshire as well as London. We offer competitive salaries with annual reviews, end of a financial year bonus, 28 days of annual leave plus all your bank holidays paid for as an extra. Our pension scheme is competitive with a maximum of 10% contribution from us if you put in 5% and to top it all off, we have a private medical insurance as a benefit in kind. We work in a collaborative engaging way and believe in empowering our people, after all, you are our greatest asset!
We regret to inform, only in exceptional circumstances, are we able to employ anyone who does not have formal consent to work in the UK. Current limits on immigration to the UK mean that our ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the points-based system is very limited. You are advised to explore possible alternative procedures which do not require sponsorship.
At the Satellite Applications Catapult, we strive to respect the diversity of our staff and ensure that inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. We know that the diversity of our teams, and the respect that our staff feel from others, is one of the factors that keeps us on the cutting edge of innovation. Every day this means we work together to make the most of our differences and celebrate our unique contributions to the amazing work we do. Only by being 100% yourself in the workplace will you feel comfortable to perform at your best.
If you are passionate about what you do, and are driven by our mission to ‘Innovate for a better world, empowered by satellites’, we want to hear from you.