The Business Applications Group is looking for a Software Engineer to help develop the User Administration System (UAS) and a range of other services that are integral to allowing scientists to access our facilities and enable the cutting edge research that they undertake. We need your help to ensure that the services are user focussed, secure and stable and you will get the opportunity to develop these services in a stimulating environment working, with opportunities to develop yourself.
We are looking for someone who:
•Is self-motivated to deliver a good service and experience for the end-user;
•Has knowledge of object-orientated programming languages, principally Java;
•Works in an Agile environment;
•Is experienced in providing good quality end-user support.
Beyond the salary, Diamond also offers a benefits package including 25 days holiday and 13 additional closure days and statutory holidays, a generous pension and flexible working opportunities. You will also get the opportunity to work in a stimulating and exciting environment.
- Analyse user requirements and design solutions that meet them;
- Develop and test code for enterprise software that meets specifications;
- Release and deploy software to enterprise servers following an agreed process, including database administration;
- Work with the User Office to provide an excellent service to Diamond internal and external users;
- Support live systems, investigating and resolving straightforward incidents, interacting with staff and external users;
- Implement systems associated with the core UAS to interface to external dependent systems. Support these systems after implementation;
- Resolve reported faults in the system and communicate with testers;
- Document all work, including instructions on how to build and deploy software;
- Peer review other team members’ work;
- Produce and maintain documentation describing system operation for its users and advise them in system use;
- Develop and maintain expertise in software development tools and techniques and advise the team how they might be used.