We are recruiting a Commissioning Engineer to work in the electrical and electro-mechanical commissioning of complex plant, including elements of software configuration and programming
Veolia’s broad range of capabilities in the nuclear field have now been united within a new entity: Veolia Nuclear Solutions
The business has operational centres in the UK, France, the USA, Canada and Japan and brings together a comprehensive range of technologies and services for facility restoration, decommissioning of plants, and the treatment of low-and intermediate-level radioactive waste, all nurtured by our nuclear experts and backed by thousands of Veolia staff worldwide.
Veolia Nuclear Solutions (UK) Ltd. delivered the world’s first remote handling equipment to operate inside a nuclear fusion reactor. The business is staffed by an amazing group of uniquely-skilled designers, engineers and assemblers who are developing and delivering solutions to some of the most complex projects, which currently includes, in the UK (Dounreay Shaft and Silo, Sellafield ponds), in Europe (ITER and CERN) and in Japan (Fukushima, Unit 2)
Away from robotics the business is delivering solutions utilising the Groups technologies in separation and stabilisation (e.g. Geo-melt, a unique batch vitrification process) and developing solutions leveraging the wide range of solutions available across the Veolia Group.
The appointee will be under the management of the Manufacturing and Assembly Manager and will be engaged in the delivery of consultancy services, equipment design and implementation projects.
The Commissioning Engineer will work in the electrical and electro-mechanical commissioning of complex plant, including elements of software configuration and programming.
The appointee will support various projects in the following areas:-
· Analysis of assembly, test and commissioning processes for control panels and related equipment.
· Design, implementation, operation and reporting of test and development systems.
· Derivation of suitable commissioning methodologies.
· Preparation of assembly & test procedures.
· Participation in test and commissioning activities.
· Fault finding and diagnosis.
· Organising and following commissioning activities to schedule.
The following are the minimum requirements for this post:
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the assembly and testing or production of complex
· Experience in the generation of technical documents for assembly, manufacture and
testing of electrical or electromechanical equipment.
· Experience in the use of a CAD package.
· Experience of working with PLCs.
· Experience in the commissioning of various actuator technologies.
· Ability to co-operate and work as a part of a team.
· Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team to deliver control systems.
· An excellent working knowledge of English.
The following would be advantageous:-
· Degree in Control Systems or an Electrical Engineering discipline
· Experience of remote handling operations
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The position will be filled at Engineering or Senior Engineering career grade with a starting salary depending on experience.
You will be eligible to join the company Stakeholder pension scheme to which the company contributes a sum equivalent to 5% of the annual basic salary. Other benefits include 26 days annual leave rising by 1 day per completed year of service up to a maximum of 31 plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays. Three days of the leave are used to allow for a Christmas shutdown. Bonus scheme, private annual health checks and professional fees are also part of the package.
Please submit your Covering Letter and CV to email@example.com