Archangel Imaging is a startup developing distributed intelligence and advanced unmanned camera systems. We have worked on World Record projects and have developed unique machine vision payloads including edge AI devices featured at BT Augmented Intelligence 2018 (winner), Dubai’s Robotics for Good award in 2017 (finalist) and at Innovate 2017 exhibition.
Our mission is to help organisations gain and manage easily machine vision capability on edge devices deployed in remote areas, such as in automated search and rescue operations, sea crime monitoring and environmental protection missions. Our products combine cutting-edge machine learning with specialist cameras, advanced communication terminals and different levels of swarm intelligence to meet this challenge.
You will be our hardware hero, responsible for delivering complete embedded devices (prototype to production stage). Strong hands-on experience with hardware (mechanics & electronics), plus awareness of embedded software, are key as you will own the end-to-end design, prototyping, development and manufacturing.
You will be working with your small team, contractors and suppliers, making AI-enabled smart cameras and wireless communications devices. The challenge is to enable real-time monitoring and alerts in remote areas to protect: lives, wildlife and assets. International travel for trials and demonstrations may be required.
* produce small volume, fully functioning edge-compute devices
* translate high level requirements into specific design requirements
* design/source circuits, PCBs, 3D models, electronics, hardware enclosures
* select and integrate components (cameras, IOT/comms, compute units etc.)
* specify/design/implement software
* manage production partners, suppliers and contractors (increasingly for higher volume)
* manage, recruit, grow, mentor your own team
* collaborate with engineers/developers/entrepreneurs and engage with users to progress our company and the underlying technology
* Degree in a science/engineering related subject
* Relevant commercial experience building & delivering new/innovative tech
* Hands-on embedded electronics design/review skills (PCB, low power electronic engineering for embedded devices...)
* Working knowledge of 3D modelling/manufacture, relevant engineering standards and best practices
* Strong prototyping and problem solving skills
* Working understanding of modern embedded wireless systems
* Experience managing people and projects
* Proven effective communication, critical thinking and organisation skills
* Experience working with commercial partners & suppliers
* Hands-on embedded software skills
* Experience in camera sensors, modules and interfaces
* Experience in wireless technologies and standards (LoRa, Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, Bluetooth etc.)
* Experience in renewable energy/ battery solutions and power optimisation
* Drone / UAS design/development experience
* Experience working in startups!