Space Store has been created to INSPIRE, INFORM, and INVOLVE people with space. Because most people would love to experience space, our company aims to bring space to Earth through an experiential retail store and café dedicated to bringing space to everyone, everywhere, every day.
Reporting to the Store Operations Supervisor, the Store Operations Assistant Supervisor will support the execution of Space Store retail, experience, and café operations. The role would suit someone who has an interest within the space, retail, experience, and food and beverage fields. The role involves energising and leading a team to plan and execute Space Store at both the Orchard Centre location and other pop-up opportunities. The ideal candidate will be highly organised and a ‘people person’ with a ‘can do’ attitude, creative, decision making and highly organised.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
The successful candidate will:
• Operate the Space Store located at the Orchard Centre and pop-ups by providing leadership in the sales of merchandise, experiences, and food & beverage services.
• Work with suppliers to ensure reasonable stock levels at all outlets under your responsibility
• Ensure that financial targets and all sector and brand standards are achieved in all areas
• Ensure all unit employees consistently demonstrate customer care, selling techniques, merchandising skills and a knowledge of current promotions.
• Strive in the achievement of total customer satisfaction.
• Ensure that every customer is given polite, friendly and personal service.
• Strive for nil customer complaints and turn negative customer experiences into positive ones.
• Ensure a good working relationship is maintained with landlord and other site lease holders.
• Lead your team by communicating and motivating individuals effectively
• Effectively recruit, induct, train and develop all employees within your team
• Ensure that all unit staff receive Hygiene, Health and Safety and Fire training
• Support Social Media accounts.
• Take ownership for sales revenue for the Unit(s) under your management and achieve targets.
• Demonstrate excellent control of all operating costs in line with laid down targets.
• Roster staff effectively to maximise sales opportunities and control salaries and wages.
• Investigate revenue short falls and costs over spends and take necessary action.
• Optimise the profitability and the efficiency of the Unit.
• Report on budget/target variances for the Unit.
• Find, book, and execute opportunities for pop-up locations
• Perform administration tasks on an ad-needed basis
• Ensure the store is always clean and tidy
• Support events on an ad-hoc basis
• Loves Space and loves communicating about the wonders of space to audiences in a compelling and understandable way.
• Good organisational, time-management and planning skills with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and use own initiative.
• Ability to exercise effective judgement, discretion, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
• Loves brewing coffee and serving food
• A team player with the ability to work with customers and suppliers
• Self-motivated with a high energy level.
• 5+ years’ experience as supervisor in retail and/or food & beverage industries
• Enjoys “selling” without “selling”
Working Hours: 22.5 – 37.5 hours weekly. Weekends and evenings required.
Equal Opportunities: Space Store strives to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected
Salary: Dependant on experience
Apply: If you are up for the challenge, please submit your CV by email to email@example.com