Space Store has been created to INSPIRE, INFORM, and INVOLVE people with space. Because most people would love to experience space, our company aims to bring space to Earth through an experiential retail store and café dedicated to bringing space to everyone, everywhere, every day.
Reporting to the Store Operations Supervisor, the Store Assistant will support the execution of Space Store retail, experience, and café operations. The role would suit someone who has an interest within the space, retail, experience, and food and beverage fields. The role involves executing tasks in order to maintain a successful operation of the Space Store at both the Orchard Centre location and other pop-up opportunities. The ideal candidate will be highly organised and a ‘people person’ with a ‘can do’ attitude, creative, and highly organised.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
The successful candidate will:
• Support the Space Store at the Orchard Centre in Didcot and at other pop-up locations by providing sales support of merchandise, experiences, and food & beverage services. Tasks include selling merchandise, helping people with space experiences such as VR & getting in and out of a replica space suit, and preparing coffee and food and serving to customers.
• Ensure Brand standards are achieved in all areas
• Demonstrate customer care, selling techniques, merchandising skills and a knowledge of current promotions.
• Strive in the achievement of total customer satisfaction.
• Ensure that every customer is given polite, friendly and personal service.
• Strive for nil customer complaints and turn negative customer experiences into positive ones.
• Ensure a good working relationship is maintained with landlord and other site lease holders.
• Support Social Media accounts.
• Loves Space and loves communicating about the wonders of space to audiences in a compelling and understandable way.
• Good organisational, time-management and planning skills with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and use own initiative.
• Ability to exercise effective judgement, discretion, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
• A team player with the ability to work with customers and suppliers
• Self-motivated with a high energy level.
• 2+ years’ experience in retail and food & beverage industries
• Enjoys “selling” without “selling”
Working Hours: 22.5 – 37.5 hours weekly. Weekends and evenings required.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Equal Opportunities: Space Store strives to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected
If you are up for the challenge, please submit your CV by email to email@example.com