Are you an experienced and motivated Propulsion Engineer looking for a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the space environment?
Then why not join a pioneering and innovative space company that’s growing quickly worldwide, as part of their passionate and supportive engineering team?
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, opportunity to develop your career further, international travel and a share option.
As Propulsion Engineer you will be required to:
- Lead development and design activities for the Propulsion Sub-systems on spacecraft:
- derive and maintain sub-system requirements
- define and develop sub-system architecture
- analysis, design and sizing of both chemical propulsion (CP) and electric propulsion (EP) systems
- Performing rapid feasibility studies into different propulsion scenarios and architectures, including development of any models and tools necessary for analysis
- Coordinate with other teams at sub-system and at system level to define ConOps, ICDs, development and verification plans
- Selection of relevant components for CP and EP, understanding the intricacies of buy/make decisions.
- Interact with partners and suppliers for the provision of propulsion equipment. Support procurement engineers with specification, trade-off and selection of propulsion equipment
- Supporting test engineers with testing of models (functional e.g. thrust analysis, environmental e.g. vibe, thermal, TVAC), requirements verification, analysis of test data and correlation with propulsion technical models
To be considered for the Propulsion Engineer role you will need to:
- Have a Diploma, Bachelor or Master’s degree in propulsion, mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Have 5+ years of commercial experience in propulsion systems analysis, design / procurement and test for satellites
- Have an in-depth understanding of the trade-offs in application of Chemical Propulsion and Electrical Propulsion systems
- Have a good knowledge of propulsion suppliers and products and the state-of-the-art in propulsion systems and propulsion R&D
- Have a good understanding of spacecraft mission lifecycle and milestones (e.g. MDR, PDR, CDR, etc).
- Have a good understanding of system engineering & managing requirements through the full project lifecycle
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01235 567350 quoting job reference BSR1575.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.