Are you an experienced and motivated Power Systems Engineer looking for a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the space environment?
Then why not join a pioneering and innovative space company that’s growing quickly worldwide, as part of their passionate and supportive engineering team?
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, opportunity to develop your career further, international travel and a share option.
As Power Systems Engineer you will be required to:
- Lead development and design activities for Power sub-systems on spacecraft:
- derive and maintain sub-system requirements
- define and develop sub-system architecture
- perform trade-off analysis of hardware & software solutions
- developing power budgets
- define FMECA and FDIR processes
- Coordinate with other teams at sub-system and at system level to define ConOps, ICDs, development and verification plans
- Plan, prepare, and conduct sub-systems and system level verification tests, including environmental testing
- Interact with partners and suppliers for the provision of power system equipment
- Support procurement engineers with specification, trade-off and selection of power system equipment.
- Participate in review of the deliverables in support of the project milestones
To be considered for Power Systems Engineer you will need to:
- Have a Diploma, Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline
- Have 5+ years of commercial experience of designing and testing power subsystems for satellites
- Have an understanding of solar panel specification, manufacturing process, handling and testing
- Have experience sizing, procuring, testing and integrating satellite batteries and an awareness the storage & handling requirements for batteries
- Have experience in constructing grounding philosophies and grounding diagrams for spacecraft architectures
- Have experience of designing and testing EGSE for the purposes of powering the satellite during the AIT phase
- Have a good understanding of spacecraft mission lifecycle and milestones (e.g. MDR, PDR, CDR, etc)
- Have a good understanding of system engineering & managing requirements through the full project lifecycle
For further information please email email@example.com or call 01235 567350 quoting job reference BSR1574.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.