Explosive Learning Solutions is a rapidly expanding learning and development consultancy providing business training. We work with a wide range of organisations within the defence, government, health, rail, air and other sectors. Working across the whole of the UK, we also have clients in the Middle East and Europe. As a small firm, we expect a “can-do” and “hands-on” attitude with an understanding that there are no roles too small.
Salary £24,000- £33,000 dependent on experience. After 3 months in the role you will be enrolled into the company pension scheme.
Experience and qualifications
• Demonstrable experience of story boarding
• Demonstrable experience of learning design, development, presentation and creation of learning materials
• Demonstrable experience of content creation
• Willing to go through security vetting
• Experience of MOODLE course development
• Demonstrable experience of setting up a course using skype or other software of a similar nature.
• Experience of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Experience of Adobe InDesign
• Experience of project management
• Experience of Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline
• Prince2 Foundation
• Demonstrable experience of learning technology and associated functionality (e.g. SCORM)
• Experience working in both defence and public sectors
Main Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for someone to join our team working in Harwell, Oxfordshire. This is a full-time role (subject to a successful probationary period) with an immediate start.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual to start a new capability within the company – supporting the creation of content delivered through blended learning approaches and educational technologies. When you start in the role there will be no software in place so you will need to support procurement, set up and all of the processes required to ensure that content creation is a valuable arm of the business that any product group may turn to. Our intent over the next 12 months is for this are of the business to both make a profit and support the transformation of courses through the use of a variety of medium so that our portfolio contains more than simply face to face instruction. You must be able to learn quickly and be flexible in your approach to task to meet the changing demands of the business.
The role will include working with:
• Another content creator in the business who leads on the standardisation of all face to face output
• Content creators who are undertaking subcontract work for the business – you will task and manage this work supporting requirements to sign off of the final product
• All programme leads within the business
• Marketing lead for the company
The role will include:
• Writing and working to work packages
• Writing product descriptions
• Staffing documents through clients
• Creation and updating of learning content, promotional graphics for education and training, online learning content and promotional brochures
• Management of both your own and any other staff work to ensure that products are released on time and to quality
• Maintaining knowledge of developments in educational technologies and providing guidance on educational technology innovations
• Any other jobs the company requires you to carry out.
There is room for growth in this role as the company looks to expand area of the business. The right individual may lead a team in the future.
You will be working closely with several members of the company under the direction of the Operations Director.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.