MDA UK is a growing and dynamic company based on the Harwell Campus in Oxfordshire. We are a subsidiary of MDA, an internationally recognized leader in space robotics, space sensors, and antennas. MDA UK provides support to our European based customers as well as specializing in the UK development of space qualified metrology instruments, IR cameras and other intelligent sensors.
We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative engineers with experience working in the space industry.
Are you passionate about space exploration? Do you have experience designing or building systems for the harsh space environment? If so then this is a rare chance to join a growing company with an exemplary heritage in the industry. We have exciting opportunities available to join our international and enthusiastic team developing instrumentation for several space missions, including a lunar lander and ESA technology demonstrators.
You will be working at the Harwell campus, an innovative hub for science and technology advancement in the UK.
This role provides an opportunity to join a small and enthusiastic UK team developing instrumentation for several space missions. The successful candidate will be an Electronics Engineer with analogue and PCB design experience, ideally with some experience in the space industry.
• Design analogue front-end systems for interfacing sensors to digital and power systems.
• Simulate analogue systems using SPICE models.
• Design to EMC and EMI requirements.
• Perform functional tests, and supervise EMC and EMI testing.
• Design large, many-layer PCBs using ORCAD.
• Write reports on all of the above for external review.
• Designing and troubleshooting optical hardware and software for space missions
• Deriving and managing requirements
• Providing technical interface to customers and subcontractors
• Developing innovative solutions to engineering requirements
• Working with a dynamic team to produce innovative solutions
• Preparing technical documentation including test procedures, design specifications and engineering change notices
• Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
• Individuals with Space Experience in Industry or with a Space Agency will have priority in evaluation of resumes.
• Experience designing analogue electronics for metrology.
• Experience designing PCBs.
• Preferably experience with ESA specifications for electronic design and assembly.
• Experience in the administration of requirements for internal and external customers and suppliers.
• Experience designing, manufacturing or testing electronics for the space environment
• Ability to independently apply engineering principles to design projects
• Keen to solve complex challenges in a small team
• Enthusiastic about space exploration
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills considered an asset:
• Knowledge of ESA ECSS standards and experience working in the Space Industry.Familiarity with ECSS