Laboratory Support Scientist (10029)
The Rosalind Franklin Institute is a new national research centre, funded by the UK government through UK Research and Innovation, dedicated to bringing about transformative changes in life science through interdisciplinary research and technology development.
We are seeking a highly-motivated laboratory support scientist to join the Rosalind Franklin Institute for a full time (5 year fixed-term contract). You will provide support to team members of the Rosalind Franklin Institute by maintaining an efficient and effective laboratory environment and assist various research projects with for example protein production.
*Assists with general lab operation
* Maintain supplies for the laboratory. Order and receive laboratory consumables
* Maintain laboratory and equipment.
* Organise equipment servicing and repair
* Assist team members and visitors especially with the sample production.
* Train new laboratory members
* Ensure good laboratory practice and health and safety procedures are in place
· Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering;
· Previous experience in some aspect of molecular biology.
· Good organisation and tasks management skills
· Ability to handle routine tasks with little supervision once trained
· Ability to deliver results to required standard and schedule;
· Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
· Ability to organize and prioritize own work with minimal supervision;
· Good communication skills both written and oral.
· A further degree to MSc or PhD level in a relevant discipline;
· Experience in X-ray crystallography and/or cryo- electron microscopy,
· Experience in production of membrane proteins.
· Experience in microfluidics
Type of Post Full Time
Salary £33,000-£39,000, with discretionary range to £43,000 for exceptional candidate
Closing Date 26/09/2019
Ref No 10029