Cobham RAD Europe Ltd
Cobham RAD’s European office is located in Harwell, UK, and provides radiation testing services to customers in the space, nuclear and industrial sectors. We aim to provide our customers with radiation testing services that meet or exceed their requirements and expectations in terms of quality and reliability. Integrity, reliability and technical excellence are at the heart of our business model. For more information on us, please visit our website at www.cobham.com/rad
Working at Cobham RAD
We employ highly-skilled individuals and promote a ‘can do’ attitude to enable our people to achieve their full potential through on-going education, training and recognition of exemplary performance.
Benefits include a contributory pension scheme with contributions up to 12% matched by Cobham, a wide range of employee benefits offered through the Cobham Choice scheme, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and reimbursement of membership costs for a professional engineering or scientific institution.
We are seeking a part-time book-keeper for 20 hours per week for a period of up to one year. The role of the book-keeper is to be responsible for a range of accounts activities, as well as general office administration tasks.
- The primary function of this role is to manage the company accounts in an accurate and efficient manner at all times, including inter-company reporting
- To create and place purchase orders on request from other staff
- To deal with customer accounts, including entering orders, credit control and invoicing
- To answer the telephone, deal with e-mail enquiries from suppliers and customers, complete office administration tasks and make occasional travel and accommodation bookings for other staff
- To embrace and adhere to the requirements of Cobham’s quality management system
- To maintain absolute confidentiality with respect to Cobham’s activities
Qualifications and experience
Candidates may have a formal book-keeping/accountancy qualification or previous experience in a company with offices in multiple countries. Experience with both QuickBooks and Sage 50 is required. You will be calm under pressure, possess good verbal and communication skills in English and reliable.
Previous experience with QuickBooks and Sage 50
Eligible to work in the UK
Experience of book-keeping in a large company
Working in an ISO9001 environment