Are you an experienced AOCS / GNC Systems Engineer ready for an exciting new challenge?
Then why not join a pioneering and innovative space company that’s growing quickly worldwide, as part of their passionate and supportive engineering team?
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, opportunity to develop your career further, international travel and a share option.
As Senior AOCS / GNC Systems Engineer you will:
- Lead Guidance Navigation and Control systems development and design activities for missions: derive and maintain AOCS (Attitude & OrbitControl of the System)/GNC (guidance, navigation, and control) sub-system requirements, define and maintain AOCS/GNC sub-system design.
- Contribute to system level activities, such as: developing mission CONOPS(Concept of Operations), defining FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis) and FDIR (Fault/Failure Detection, Isolation, and Recovery) processes and design, system test and verification activities.
- Support control law and algorithms development – analyse, design, implement and validate (simulate) scenarios for RPO (rendezvous and proximity operations), working with flight dynamics engineers to develop passively safe trajectories for RPO. Design control laws to implement RPO & docking manoeuvres.
To be considered for the Senior AOCS / GNC Systems Engineer you will need to:
- Have 3+ years of experience as an AOCS or GNC systems engineer involved in the design, implementation and testing of GNC solutions for actual spacecraft missions.
- Have experience of algorithm & control law development: use of GNC design and simulation software e.g., MATLAB, implementation of control laws and real world effects (non-linearities, signal noise, tuning), translating algorithms into operational flight software. Preferable to have experience of implementation of RPO and docking algorithms and solutions.
- Have experience of hardware trade-offs and hardware and software GNC architectural design.
Salary: £48,000 to £58,000 per year
For further information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01235 567350 quoting job reference BSR1562.
Bluestream Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer who operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment.