Essential training for any new starter, or anyone new to data protection.
The objective of the 'Data Protection: An Introduction' training course is to provide the delegate with an:
- Overview of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Explanation of what is personal data and special categories of personal data
- Explanation the difference between a Data Controller and Data Processor
- Introduction to the principles of the GDPR, providing relevant examples
- Overview of individual rights including relevant examples
- Explanation of what is a personal data breach and highlight the process of reporting breaches
The course will be facilitated by Kellie Peters, co-founder of Databasix UK and is aimed at anyone who is unfamiliar with the regulation or requires a refresh. Throughout the 60 minute training course, you will be asked a few questions to ensure that the course material is understood.
Upon completion of the course all delegates will receive a certificate, along with the course materials in order to refer back to any notes taken.